• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

hi all, White Garden Bird, UK (1 Viewer)

brent42

United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I've always been keen on British birds and wildlife. But I'm stumped when it comes to identifying a recent visitor to my sisters garden. It is the size of a house sparrow and is almost completely white apart from a black bar on its wing. I was hoping someone could tell me what species it is. I do have a good picture of it on my phone if there is a way of uploading it on here. Thanks.

Procreus

United States
Hi! Welcome to the forums!
I'm fairly new myself, but I believe there is an option to attach a picture to your post. I'm not 100% sure if you're able to attach it after you've posted it, but you can post a comment on here with the picture attached! The "attach files" button should be located underneath where you put your text

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope you enjoy your visits.

You can attach a photo by clicking on the Attach files icon under the reply box.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi brent and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm not too sure what you have there, so I'll move your post to the ID forum - someone will soon be along with some suggestions.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

brent42

United Kingdom
Hi brent and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm not too sure what you have there, so I'll move your post to the ID forum - someone will soon be along with some suggestions.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Thanks, it's an unusual bird. I understand there are rare white sparrows and with it being next to sparrows I was thinking it could be that.

dantheman

Bah humbug
Agree with leucistic House Sparrow.

Looks like the survey on this page is still running -

Users who are viewing this thread