• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Hi all (1 Viewer)

Muso

Scotland
Just joined and saying hello from Glasgow, Scotland. Hope to increase my knowledge of birds & other wildlife, and also to get some ideas on photography & kit.

It was my love of photography that got me more into wildlife, however having looked at some of the stunning pictures on here, I may well put the camera in a cupboard and take up golf or something.

I find bird identification difficult (have several books...), as there are so many considerations eg male/female, juvenile/adult, summer/winter plumage etc, but keen to learn. And despite the above para, will persevere with camera....!

I'm mostly a garden observer, but get about from time to time. Best bits from a back garden in Glasgow: female pheasant, sparrowhawk, waxwings every December on migration, goldfinch, greenfinch.

Bye for now

Muso

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Muso and a warm welcome to you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

Keep an eye on the Scottish bashes 2011 thread. We usually have a few each year and they are all great fun. You'd be most welcome to join us if you can manage. We're currently trying to organise one in Lothian later in the month.

All things Scottish can be found HERE.

D

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread