• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi From Maine~Hello (1 Viewer)

Amanitakrisa

United States
Hello everyone! I live in midcoast Maine near "Avian Haven" which is a busy ,wonderful critter{mostly birds,but people bring turtles too} sanctuary.Ive taken several robins and a haw there..Its surreally beautiful!..Ok,I have a pair of old Zeiss binocuars.serial number is "856612 made in Germany"..I want to sell them.Of courserId like to get a fair price for hem.I have NO IDEA what they might be worth..They are in a sweet,molded leather case and are like new..They are incredible.The view is like nothig Ive ever used.How ever? Ill never use them and It wouod be nice to see them used.How can I get a fair price?Ike who knows these things??Im also interested in a trade..The local pawn will give me 900l that seems suspicious.Thats a lotl S0 maybe they are more valuable? Jeez,any help or advice anyone might have for me? Id be indebted to you! I can send pics if that would help! Thanks you guys..You are like..my last hope..I dont want to e greedy,but id also like a fair price or interesting trade?{guitar?} Thanks in advance!!

"
"""""

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. I am going to move your post to our Zeiss binocular subforum. I think you will get some help there. If you do decide to try and sell them here, we do have some new member rules that require at least 10 posts (non-gallery posts) and 5 days before posting something for sale.

If the pawn shop is willing to give you $900 they must be something special. The Made in Germany and molded leather case and like new condition also sound like they could be valuable. Post some pictures from all sides.

Hi Amanitakrisa and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi,

first of all, welcome to birdforum!

As has been mentioned, images are necessary for identification. The six digit serial number and Made in Germany leaves two options:

- Carl Zeiss Jena from 1918. Not too probable as CZJ back then did not usually mark their products Made in Germany (unless legally required e.g. british Merchandise Marks Act of 1887).

- Zeiss West past WW2. In that case either from 1947 until 1971 (in the London Agreement a series of legal battles between Carl Zeiss Jena and Zeiss West was settled and Zeiss West had to mark its products Made in West Germany in most markets) or past 1990 (after german reunification CZJ ceased to exist and Zeiss West gradually started to use Made in Germany again.

Joachim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back