• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hi from Montreal, Quebec, Canada (1 Viewer)

O.Riley

Canada
Hello!

You have some pretty cool forums here. I discovered birdforum.net by looking for reviews/debates on optics that were not sponsored by vendors/dealers/bloggers/influencers. I have spent too many hours, at this point, going through the threads trying to find answers to my questions.

I have always been passionate about animals, birds and nature. I enjoy documenting my wildlife hunting adventures with my Nikon P900. It allows me to get close while keeping a respectable distance when needed. And I am never without my binoculars. I have been using Swarovski's cl companion 8x30 for the the last four years. I am debating getting a spotting scope, which is how I ended up here.

I am from Montreal and I am quite familiar with the birding hot spots of my area and province. Of course, there are plenty I have yet to discover. I am still debating joining a birding group, the confinement has not helped. Being a woman in her late 30's, I have faced sexism and classism while birding way too many times. I find it important to be respectful to the people (and the Birds) around us while birding. At all times really...

I still have not seen all the species of birds that one can see in my province. I would love to visit a few places in Ontario too, like Pelee and the infamous owl island. Actually, if I can ever save up enough, I would love to cross Canada and the States, in a van, with the sole purpose of seeing birds and animals of this continent. That being said, I have noticed that this place is big in Europe. I hope to go there one day, Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales.

Being a professional Horticulturist, plants hold a special place in my heart. Every birding trek is never dull; when the birds are not at the rendezvous, there is always something else to see.

So, I will be reading, learning, watching, and hopefully at some point, sharing. Birders have a wonderful space here, and I look forward to finding my place in this community.

Best regards,

O'Riley

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi there O'Riley and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi O'Riley and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread