• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Norwich, UK (1 Viewer)

Mother_of_birds

United Kingdom
Hi, I'm Hannah, 27 years old and live in Norwich, UK. I've always loved birds and have 7 as pets but for some reason I had never taken much notice of wild birds. A few months ago I saw a small brown bird run across the path into some bushes as I was walking to work - later on I tried to figure out what it was (I never did) and that led me into this whole new world that I was completely oblivious to. Not long after that I got myself a pair of binoculars and field guide and began birding. So far it has been a fantastic experience. I don't drive and with the situation as it is I am avoiding public transport so I've just been going to parks, woodland and trails within walking distance of my home. I'm looking forward to learning more and being able to go further afield when its possible to do so!

Hi Hanna and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Hannah and welcome to BirdForum. Given where you live do you think it could have been a pheasant/ partridge?

Rich
Hi Rich, thank you. No it was much smaller than a pheasant/partridge. I'd say it was midway between robin and blackbird size but I didn't have a chance to spot anything that might have identified it and at the time I wouldn't have known what to look out for anyway! I only really saw its back/wings which were plain dark brown.

Hi, I'm Hannah, 27 years old and live in Norwich, UK. I've always loved birds and have 7 as pets but for some reason I had never taken much notice of wild birds. A few months ago I saw a small brown bird run across the path into some bushes as I was walking to work - later on I tried to figure out what it was (I never did) and that led me into this whole new world that I was completely oblivious to. Not long after that I got myself a pair of binoculars and field guide and began birding. So far it has been a fantastic experience. I don't drive and with the situation as it is I am avoiding public transport so I've just been going to parks, woodland and trails within walking distance of my home. I'm looking forward to learning more and being able to go further afield when its possible to do so!
Que es tu favorito bird tu si

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back