• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HI, FROM NOTTINGHAM. MY NAME IS JANET AND I'VE ALWAYS LOVED BIRDS. (1 Viewer)

JANET777

United Kingdom
I FEED THE BIRDS TWICE A DAY IN MY BACK GARDEN, ALL SORTS COME AND IT'S QUITE A JOB KEEPING UP WITH THEM. DOVES, BLACKBIRDS, ROBINS, CROWS, PIGEONS, JENNY WRENS, MAGPIES, THEY ALL EAT TOGETHER ON THE LAWN INCLUDING THREE SQUIRRELS. AT NIGHT I GET LARGE AND SMALL OWLS COME TO PICK OFF THE MICE THAT LOOK FOR ANY BITS THE BIRDS HAVE LEFT.

RECENTLY I HAD A HAWK COMING EVERY DAY WHICH WAS INJURING THE BIRDS, THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN WHEN I HAD MY DOG AS HE PROTECTED THEM. BUT I'M GLAD TO SAY FOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS THE HAWK HASN'T BEEN AND THE BIRDS ARE ALL HEALTHY AND FAT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Janet and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits. Remember hawks have to eat too!

Hi there and a warm welcome to you(y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi Janet, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back