• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hi from Texas (1 Viewer)

Tx Hog Blocker

United States
New to the site. Favorite birds are blue birds, wrens and screech owls. We have a pair of Owls that nest every year in our back yard. Funny when I built the boxes for the birds I set one 6' off the ground and one 15' off the ground in two trees about 20' apart. I thought the 6' one would be for wrens while the other one would be a owl box. Wrong lol their both owl boxes. They nest in the 6' box while watching over in the 15' box. Thats been 5 years now and they keep coming back. Made a mount to keep hogs away from the deer blocks and its turned into a great little invention for us. Makes a great bird house mount too. Glad to be on the forums.

mike

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Mike and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Lisa W

Staff member
Supporter
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. As a born and raised Texan I get your reference to the hogs! Those guys can be quite a bother.

Tx Hog Blocker

United States
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. As a born and raised Texan I get your reference to the hogs! Those guys can be quite a bother.
Thank y'all. I'll try to post a few pics later on this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread