• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi guys, (1 Viewer)

CarSickKitty

England
New to this group & I have a question, we had black birds build a nest against the wall behind the ivy. It wasn’t the tidiest of nests and you could see in from the top where they’ve been using an entrance & exit is it made rather a lrage hole in the ivy & you could see mum had laid 4/5 eggs. Mum was sitting on them for a few days then left the nest. I was still feeding mum & dad meal worms daily, they’d fly about and sun bathe in the soil in a quiet part of our garden. but that was over a month and a half ago they’ve never gone back to the actual nest. Then yesterday I noticed dad was collecting bits from our climbing plant and flying off with it, then noticed this morning the nest have been reinforced and it looks quite a bit deeper & much tidier now, it has got the creeper plant woven amongst it so I think it is still the black birds. There are now no eggs would it be the blackbirds that have kicked the eggs out or have something got them and would they have been dead anyway?I’m just being curious.

many thanks for any answers :)

Hi CarSickKitty and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Oh, sorry, I really don't know what happened, But please let us know how they get on this time.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back