• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hi my name is john parkes,you can call me john or parksey (1 Viewer)

jap123

United Kingdom
my wife and i have been nesting blue tits for 4/5 years.we have a camera in the box.this year we had 10 eggs then 6 fledgings ,about a week a go it was down to 3 fledgings,this morning none.we want to know what has happened.we noticed there was only one blue tit feeding the chicks,with no sign of the other one. question could it be to cold(may has been a cold month) or maybe mum being on her own has not been feeding them enough.it was sad to day as mum came in with food ,no sign of chicks,she came in looking for them all day it was a sad time.can any one give us a clue

Hi John and a warm welcome to you from me too.

It's probably a combination of the loss of the partner and the unseasonably cold and wet weather this month. Very sad. Hopefully they'll have a better year next year.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi John and a warm welcome to you from me too.

It's probably a combination of the loss of the partner and the unseasonably cold and wet weather this month. Very sad. Hopefully they'll have a better year next year.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
many thanks delia,were goimg to keep the camera on for a few days.we have a woods at the back of our garden and are garden is full of birds

Hi, welcome to the forum. Sorry, I can’t help with your question.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back