• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi new here (1 Viewer)

Waynelson

United Kingdom
Hi new here and looking for advice regarding what seems to be a young white pigeon I have rescued last weekend. It had damage to upper wing which seems to be improving. It is eating peanuts as I gather they are good for strength.

Attachments

• 20221016_162023.jpg
    20221016_162023.jpg
    720.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221016_162011.jpg
    20221016_162011.jpg
    600.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi Waynelson and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. We have some general guidelines here for the care of injured and baby birds. I hope you find this useful.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Waynelson and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. We have some general guidelines here for the care of injured and baby birds. I hope you find this useful.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Thanks for that.
However bird has been in my care for 7 days now and improving. Just want more specific help to ensure best of health and plan for release. Really good if there were pigeon fanciers here with advice.

Thanks for that.
However bird has been in my care for 7 days now and improving. Just want more specific help to ensure best of health and plan for release. Really good if there were pigeon fanciers here with advice.

Hi again .... this is a site for wild birds, so there's unlikely to be any 'pigeon fanciers' around.

A vet or wildlife rescue should be able to advise you. As there don't appear to be any rings on this guy, it's most likely that it's a feral pigeon, so should be released back to the wild when it's fit.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Pigeon continues to improve.
Now has a bit more spirit and objects with a flap and puffs out when refreshing the water and supplying peanuts. A good sign I think.

Glad to report that pigeon made full recovery after 4 weeks diet of peanuts and wild bird feeder seeds. Opened cage from garage roof this morning and he was out and away within 5 minutes. Sad to see him go but really proud of how well this youngster flew. Hope to see him around as he was so distinctively white except for grey band on rump above his white tail.

That is great news Wayne.

Very well done and thanks for the care you took over this guy. I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing him again LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back