• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Hi (1 Viewer)

Cinders 64

United Kingdom
Like many ,I got interested in Birds during lockdown last year. Hubby built a bird feeder and a nest,Which hasnt been used yet. I have seen more birds in our garden this year than ever before. Apart from the usual Magpies, sparrows, blackbirds and wood pidgeons .We've had Blue tits, coal tits , chaffinch and green finches,Plus a collard dove was around for a few days and kept being chased off by the Wood Pigeons.
Lately my husband and I have hear a bird that sounds like a duck with a sore throat! Its coming from in the dense foliage of the trees across the neighbourhood. We cant see a bird and its obviously not a duck. Wondered what it could be? Looking forward to learning more

Lisa W

Staff member
Supporter
Hi Cinders 64, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. I can’t help with your question, but someone from your side of the pond will be along soon and might be able to help.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Cinders and a warm welcome from me too.

Sorry, I can't really think what that could be. Would it be possible that you could get a recording of it and post it in the ID forum - the guys in there are good with bird songs.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi there and a warm welcome to you . (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread