• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi (1 Viewer)

sumbirdy

United States
As the forum stats should show underneath my handle, I'm new to this place.

I've always been interested in nature and of late, have been taking special note of the birds around us. In the past week or so, I've also decided to invest time/money into it to get some binoculars on my "bird" walks. Needless to say, I've been quickly digesting the info about various binoculars from the very many helpful contributors on this forum - enough to register and see some of the research that's been documented (e.g. Swift Audubon genesis research, Nikon history, etc).

Eager to get to know as many of you as is possible on here, and learn/share as I move along.

Cheers!

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi sumbirdy and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi sumbirdy and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.
I'm sitting out on my deck now and I chanced upon a Northern Red Cardinal and a Carolina Wren. I had to search "small brown bird with whitish belly" and scroll through a few pictures to attribute the name to the latter.

That should sum up both how lucky I am and how new I'm to bird ID'ing :)

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you have seen how friendly and helpful we can be.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back