• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

High Power 40861 lens (1 Viewer)

GeoffWood

I have just acquired an ES80 GA ED scope which came with the HDF Zoom eyepiece. In addition the scope came with a 40861 (100x) lens
Just wondering how easy it is to swap the lenses over and under which circumstances would the high power lens be used?
Any advice or user comments will be appreciated.

The 100x eyepiece would be useful for looking at Mars at present.

It may be possible to see some surface detail and the pole cap in steady Seeing conditions.

Regards,
B.

The eyepieces just unscrew but if it came mounted on the scope and hasn't been removed for a while may need quite a sharp twist to get it moving. Grip down at the base.

Cheers, Pete

Thanks for the replies. Don't think that I will be getting into astronomy though.
Not sure I'd be happy swapping the eye pieces over, I would worry about dust getting in.
It will probably sit in the drawer for now.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back