• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hong Kong, Thailand or Taiwan???? (1 Viewer)

arjacee

I was wondering if you could answer a simple question for me. I live in Japan and am going back to the U.K for a holiday this summer. I am able to stop off for a couple of days in either Bangkok, Taipei or Kong Kong. I won't have time to travel too far away but was wondering which place would be best to see some beautiful colourful birds. I am not so interested in shore birds but like colourful birds as I am keen amateur photographer. Which do you recommend for seeing great birds without venturing into the far rural areas. Thank you in advance. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I'd stop off at Taipei. There is a reasonable chance of getting a couple of the island endemics ( try and get the 'crest, it's superb ) plus some other cracking looking birds. Hong Kong is a bit wader-y ( but that could just be down to me being a bit wader-y as well ) and Bangkok is a good starting place for therest of Thailand but not much cop on it's own.

Chris

Haven't been to Taiwan, but have to say there are a lot of beautiful birds in Thailand. What I'm not sure of is how many are around in "summer" (not sure exactly when you're thinking of...). Taiwan may have more birds that time of year.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back