• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hoopoe on Countryfile (1 Viewer)

Nick Moran

If you missed Countryfile last Sunday evening (I know I did!) or missed the Hoopoe calling as Adam whats-his-name discusses the effects of the drought from a wheat field (presumably) somewhere in southern England, you may want to check it out on BBC iPlayer (minutes 40:15 - 40:45).

I've emailed the producer to ask if the background bird song (which also includes a Corn Bunting) was dubbed in but no response as yet.

Cheers

This is a standard "countryside bird noises" soundtrack that is stuck on to loads of BBC programmes. The other species that regularly crops up is Bee-eater, which I first remember hearing on Emmerdale as a teenager in the 80s. Anywhere near water of any kind will see a "wetland" soundtrack featuring Greenshank calls instead. Not too long ago I heard american bird species on the soundtrack of a programme featuring British woodlands. These sountracks even get added in to proper wildlife programmes - I remember hearing it on a Bill Oddie programme a few years ago and thinking that he would be furious with the inaccuracy.

Regards
Neil

Ha! I found it so distracting watching "Lost", which was set on a "desert island" (In reality, Hawaii) because the deeper they went into the jungle, the more Curlew calls were heard!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back