• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How close in performance is a Nikon 7x35 E (C) Criterion to a current Action Extreme? (1 Viewer)

That Televue eyecup works well in the 8x30 and 10x35 E models, but it's about 3mm shorter than the original Nikon eyecup for the 7x35, so while it works ok when folded down for eyeglass wearers using the 7x35 it's likely to be too short for most non-eyeglass wearers to use on the 7x35 without kidney beaning. Still, it certainly works better than no eyecup.

Henry, here is a question, what eyecups can I obtain today that fit the first Action or gold sentinel 7X35s.
Sorry, I don't know. My recollection is that the Action eyepieces are too big for E eyecups, but you've got a lot of binocular eyecups around to try. Maybe the EIIs would fit if they're not too long for the Action's short eye relief. It might come down to taking good care of the Action eyecups you already have.

Henry

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back