• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How tall is the 055 MPV? (1 Viewer)

Charles Harper

Régisseur
The Manfrotto website gives the vertical dimension as 'n/a' for the 055 MPV. Does anyone have any idea why, and can s/he tell me how tall I would be able to make the thing?

Much gratitude if you can.

Charles

Charles Harper said:
The Manfrotto website gives the vertical dimension as 'n/a' for the 055 MPV. Does anyone have any idea why, and can s/he tell me how tall I would be able to make the thing?

Charles

Hi Charles. Dunno if this is any help

http://www.kyoei-osaka.jp/bird/manfrotto/sankyaku.htm

It has the heights of all the Manfrottos we can get here in J-land. Doesn't mention the MPV though......................

Charles Harper said:

Charles

B :) They show the 055MFV, MagFiber, if thats the model you mean with a 701Rc2 head at 141..6cm max height without centre column, and the head is 10 cm high - so tripod = 131cm high without centre column extension and 169cm with centre column.

Thank you very much indeed, Marco. I understand that the 055MFV is a birders'-special model of the 055MF3, but the lack of stats in the CATALOGUE spooks me.

The center column is always there, isn't it?-- I just have to crank it up and down; I don't have to buy it separately, right?

I know I sound a right twit, but I hate shopping without seeing the stuff: I panic.

Charles Harper said:
Thank you very much indeed, Marco. I understand that the 055MFV is a birders'-special model of the 055MF3, but the lack of stats in the CATALOGUE spooks me.

The center column is always there, isn't it?-- I just have to crank it up and down; I don't have to buy it separately, right?

I know I sound a right twit, but I hate shopping without seeing the stuff: I panic.

B :) The tripod will come with the centre column - just unlock the centre column lock knob and raise or lower the column.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back