• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How the heck do you post a photo to your thread? (1 Viewer)

jlacasci

United States
I can't believe how much time I've spent this morning with search trying to figure out how to post a jpg file to a post. I can't find anything on how to do this that seems to work? I don't have a website with a URL, I have an image on my desktop. Is there some FAQ, some thread, that provides instructions to do this? I can't believe how difficult it is to find this information on this site. In this post, if I click on the media icon above, I can drop an image. But in a post that has been already established, this icon only seems to allow a URL? How do I change this?

Thanks all,
Joe

There are two different icons. Insert Image (some mountains in a box), which gives you an option to upload your own file or link to one somewhere else. There is also Media (the mountains in a box over top a roll of film) this is to add a link to some media hosted elsewhere, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.

Ctrl+P is a keyboard shortcut for Insert Image

Insert.png

Last edited:
I can't believe how much time I've spent this morning with search trying to figure out how to post a jpg file to a post. I can't find anything on how to do this that seems to work? I don't have a website with a URL, I have an image on my desktop. Is there some FAQ, some thread, that provides instructions to do this? I can't believe how difficult it is to find this information on this site. In this post, if I click on the media icon above, I can drop an image. But in a post that has been already established, this icon only seems to allow a URL? How do I change this?

Thanks all,
Joe
Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can!

Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can!
Thanks all. I figured out the problem after stepping away. The original poster private messaged me. I clicked on the "View thread" from my email notification which took me to the message. It looks just like a regular forum thread but it is not. It seems that you can't post an image other than a URL in a PM. Posting an image from a normal thread is a piece of cake! Thanks all.

Joe

Hi Joe and a warm welcome from me too.

Thanks for letting us know that you've solved the riddle of the pictures in threads.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back