• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to avoid housing House Sparrows? (1 Viewer)

MrMrannoying

United States
Hi everyone, first time here. I have a feeder outside and have been graced by many types of backyard birds and I hope to encourage some nesting nearby now. I have seen house sparrows in the area, so I was wondering if you guys know what structures House Sparrows DONT use for their nests because they are invasive where I live.
I heard for example, a horizontal wooden board would help Mourning Pigeons. Any structure or object I can add outside to encourage any backyard bird to nest would be a wonderful suggestion, not only looking for a nest /box/.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello and please join in wherever you like ;)

Now as to your question regarding Sparrows, here's a link from Birds & Bloom that might give you some ideas.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back