• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to view trip reports on ebird (1 Viewer)

Mike Ball

United Kingdom
Hi all. Ebird recently introduced a new "trip report" feature, but I can't work out how to access trip reports from other ebirders. Anyone know how?

I don't think it's possible at this time but I'm not entirely sure. You might want to attend eBird's Trip Reports Webinar in December 14:

These days I am traveling and creating my first trip report on Ebird.
Three report visibility options are offered to the report editor. These options can be configured when creating the report or when editing the report later.
The reports can be limited to those who generate them or they can be shared through a link or, finally, they can be configured as public.
In this last option you specify "The Travel Chronicle can appear on public eBird pages (regions, places of interest, your profile) and in search results."
I have not tested the result yet and have set my report as private, but it seems that if there is the option to access them if they are configured to do so.
Cheers

Thanks for the responses. I cant see any way to search for a particular report. If you view a checklist in the report, there doesn't seem to be a way to see the report itself, even if the report has been set to "public".

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back