• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Hummingbirds (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Supporter
United States
Perhaps they are on their way to warm areas. I know I'm seeing quite a few the last couple of days.
I don't know what part of Canada you are from and what the temps are up there but I'm in the mid-80sF

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
In southern California, I read about one of the hummers that it breed early in the year in the lowland and thereafter it migrated to the mountains when flowers became rare low and more common high (all of this from some time ago, so I hope I am remembering correctly). Therefore where are you, in an area that dries out and loses its flowers?
Niels

AveryBartels

A location would be very helpful for context but in general, it often happens that during the breeding season (late May-June) Hummingbirds will stop visiting one's feeders, or at least decrease in numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread