• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

I Am Very Concerned (1 Viewer)

USBP1969

United States
Howdy - I am posting this because of a very strange occurrence in my local area. For at least 5 + months there have been no birds (except crows) near Summerville, SC area were I reside! There used to be many, and I used to whistle while trying to imitate their song, but now - Silence.

I would sincerely appreciate any information that y’all might have in regards to this strange and sad situation.

Thanks,
kent willians

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi ya from Myrtle Beach! ;)

Have you seen any birds of prey in the area or cats? Those two will definitely keep the song birds at bay. When it starts getting colder and your feeders are full, that will bring them out regardless if they are hungry. Fingers crossed for you Kent!

USBP1969

United States
Thanks very much for your prompt reply. We have an old cat that I inherited, but he hasn’t been a deterrent to the birds over the years. It is truly a mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread