• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I Am Very Concerned (1 Viewer)

USBP1969

United States
Howdy - I am posting this because of a very strange occurrence in my local area. For at least 5 + months there have been no birds (except crows) near Summerville, SC area were I reside! There used to be many, and I used to whistle while trying to imitate their song, but now - Silence.

I would sincerely appreciate any information that y’all might have in regards to this strange and sad situation.

Thanks,
kent willians

Hi ya from Myrtle Beach! ;)

Have you seen any birds of prey in the area or cats? Those two will definitely keep the song birds at bay. When it starts getting colder and your feeders are full, that will bring them out regardless if they are hungry. Fingers crossed for you Kent!

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. We have an old cat that I inherited, but he hasn’t been a deterrent to the birds over the years. It is truly a mystery.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back