• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I Like the Field Pro System (1 Viewer)

My only problem with the FieldPro system with my 8x42 Nl has been the fragile objective covers, which have torn away twice in the best 2 months, at the point where the cover meets the bezel of the objective. This seems to happen almost spontaneously with almost no use. I can leave the objective covers open and leave the binoclars resting horizontally on a table overnight. I return in the morning and the cover has torn away. I don't think I am alone with this problem. The service rep at Swarovski tells me he gets 3 calls a day about the same problem. They happily replace them, but there is an obvious problem with the rubber of these covers.

In the past, with the other good binos I have owned, I pretty much stopped using the objective lens covers. These NLs I have are new - and I have not had them out in the field yet - so I have been treating them like babies. But, any day now those covers, and the rain guard, are coming off for good. I know there is some risk. But, i'm willing to take the risk for ease of use. So far I like the strap, so that will probably stay.

I might use the covers when the binos are stored, but there is really zero chance of damage or soiling when they are sitting in a case.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back