• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I live in East Manchester nr Debdale park, retired and free to wander. (1 Viewer)

MikeL1011

United Kingdom
Lots of birds near me as I live next to Debdale Park and Debdale and Audenshaw reserviors, but never actually studied them, however as I am also a keen angler I see loads of birds but don't necessarily know what birds they actually are apart from the ones I see regularly. Recently I was walking the old roman Road (kings road I think it's called but everyone local knows it as the stone wall) and I saw a large Raptor type bird hovering over the golf course, I thought it might be a Red Kite as it was big enough dark and had a forked tail. Does anyone know if they are in the area.

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. I can’t help with this question, but am sure someone will be along that can.

Thanks strontium dog, I thought it was but I wasn't aware they had reached this area. I have friends on the Llyn peninsula in Wales and know there they're doing very good with numbers rising each year, otherwise I thought Buzzard which I have seen occasionally but this was definitely different with the fork tail. I also visit Manchester Airport occasionally going to the south side viewing area and thin I've seen the same birds near the river at Bollington, thanks for your reply. πŸ¦πŸ‘

Hi Mike and a warm welcome from me too.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back