• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I think I bought fake Bushnells!! (1 Viewer)

johnbaz

Hi all

Last year I visited a vintage airgun fayre (I collect airguns but rarely shoot them!), I picked up a Bushnell Birding Series 10x42, I found them again today and decided upon a bit of Googling to find out about them and all the pics I found were different at the front of the focus tube, Mine has the capital 'B' with 'China' and other bits on it, On all of the images I found they just had the 'B' :h?:

I'm wondering if the consensus of opinion on here is with me? (Need some folk with more knowledge than me!! |;| )

They are actually not too bad to my old eyes but even if they're fake, They were only £15, Should have been £20!

Cheers, John :t:

Attachments

• BE1vO3W.jpg
    BE1vO3W.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 80
  • wIroydp.jpg
    wIroydp.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 70
  • sHJF1JO.jpg
    sHJF1JO.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 77
  • iJNY9nv.jpg
    iJNY9nv.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 72
Hi John,
I did some searching and I think they are legitimate. I noticed in all the "stock photos" there is no 'China' label, but in any actual real life pictures I could find (and there weren't many in my cursory review) they all featured the 'China' label as yours.
My guess is the Bushnell marketing team removed the label to improve the look of the binoculars while downplaying their origins.

Justin

Hi John,
I did some searching and I think they are legitimate. I noticed in all the "stock photos" there is no 'China' label, but in any actual real life pictures I could find (and there weren't many in my cursory review) they all featured the 'China' label as yours.
My guess is the Bushnell marketing team removed the label to improve the look of the binoculars while downplaying their origins.

Justin

Ahhh!, Many thanks Justin, That makes sense!:t:

John |=)|

Bushnell Natureview

Definitely look correct for a Bushnell natureview.
I repaired many some years ago. One batch came from the Chinese factory with different coloured coatings on the front lenses on the same binocular so one side was blue/purple and the other side was blue/yellow.
The factory sent a big box full of matching lenses to the UK importer for me to change into matched pairs.

Hi all

Last year I visited a vintage airgun fayre (I collect airguns but rarely shoot them!), I picked up a Bushnell Birding Series 10x42, I found them again today and decided upon a bit of Googling to find out about them and all the pics I found were different at the front of the focus tube, Mine has the capital 'B' with 'China' and other bits on it, On all of the images I found they just had the 'B' :h?:

I'm wondering if the consensus of opinion on here is with me? (Need some folk with more knowledge than me!! |;| )

They are actually not too bad to my old eyes but even if they're fake, They were only £15, Should have been £20!

Cheers, John :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back