• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

I was wondering why it is taking the house finches on my porch so long to make their nest. (1 Viewer)

LydiajMoody

United States
Hi! I have a pair of house finches that are starting to make their nest on top of my porch light. However, they only try to make the nest in the morning (around 7:20-8:00am). Like, they find these little twigs and try to make a nest, but the twigs keep falling off of the light.. so it doesn't even look like there is any sign of a nest there. Please help! (I put out some nesting materials in a little clay flower pot saucer. Leaves, twigs, long grass, etc.. So I hope they will eventually use those things to make a nest.) The first picture I put is of the porch light that the house finches are trying to make a nest on, and the second picture is of the flower pot saucer that I put nesting materials in. -Lydia WIN_20210402_14_10_33_Pro (2).jpg WIN_20210402_14_11_19_Pro (2).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread