• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Id Help - North Sikkim/India - 9 (1 Viewer)

mihir

India
Request id help for this bird clicked in dec 2021 (clicked around Lachen). I first thought it was a female Himalayan Bluetail. Not sure now

Attachments

• _DSC9956.jpg
    _DSC9956.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 35
Definitely not a Bluetail - what made you suspect one? Did you catch some blue on the tail?

Andy, there are no records of Kashmir here, and that orange-brown wash is too deep and too extensive for one. I think I'd also expect to see a paler throat. The same goes for the przewalskii race of "Siberian" Stonechat.

Definitely not a Bluetail - what made you suspect one? Did you catch some blue on the tail?

Andy, there are no records of Kashmir here, and that orange-brown wash is too deep and too extensive for one. I think I'd also expect to see a paler throat. The same goes for the przewalskii race of "Siberian" Stonechat.
Tricky angle, but I'm seeing a fem Rufous-breasted Bush Robin Andy.

Grahame

i clicked a series of photos of the himalayan bluetail at almost the same spot. while going thru them, spotted this one.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back