• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID help please, Tontono, Canada, Sep. 2020 (1 Viewer)

heromei

Is it a Philadelphia Vireo or Orange-Crowned Warbler, or others?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200916-DSC_1876.jpg
    20200916-DSC_1876.jpg
    599.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200916-DSC_1880.jpg
    20200916-DSC_1880.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200916-DSC_1877.jpg
    20200916-DSC_1877.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 58
Can't pretend to be too experienced with either, but don't structure, lack of eye crescents and that hook-tipped bill point to a vireo?

Not the easiest of angles, but for the reasons that Jeff says, I agree it looks like a Philadelphia Vireo. More yellow looking than might be expected but I suspect that's a photo effect, maybe caused by surrounding green foliage, reflecting the colour onto the underparts

Can't pretend to be too experienced with either, but don't structure, lack of eye crescents and that hook-tipped bill point to a vireo?
I believe you're right, Jeff. Vireo for me, and the timing, the dark lores (at least as dark as behind the eye) as well as yellowish color point to Philadelphia.

I also agree!...should’ve looked at the date (assumed that it had just been imaged) not to mention the hook-tipped bill. 😮

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back