• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID North Yorkshire (1 Viewer)

Ian Pritchard

United Kingdom
I dug up some lawn in my new garden and sowed some wildflower seeds. Germination has been slow but one plant growing well is shown in the photo. Trouble is it's also growing in the area I dug up but planted with garden plants. I can't work out what it is.
Any ideas, thanks
IanIMG_20210518_093124.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts. It looks more like a bean seedling in form than a bindweed. I did rub a leaf on my lips but couldn't taste anything 🤔

Another suggestion could be a small section of Japanese Knotweed re-growing:eek:
The young leaves look more arrow head like than the adult leaves.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions!
Plantnet gives a 45% probability of it being Fallopia convolvulus or Black-bindweed, which is new to me!
What a briiliant app Plantnet is - thanks for the suggestion, osprey123

Plantnet gives a 45% probability of it being Fallopia convolvulus or Black-bindweed
Probably is. It's got channelled leaf-stalks like your plant has.
My standard app for AI ID is iNaturalist, for all life-forms worldwide. For plants with a NW European bias, also Flora Incognita.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back