• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID of possible Swan Goose and Graylag x Swan Goose hybrid (both domestics) near Montreal, Canada (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone,

Whilst scanning the local (to Montreal) fields for migrating geese I came across two very interesting geese (in photo). They were in a field, picking at corn stubble near a river and when I returned to see if they were still there 2 hours later they had left.

I believe the white one is a swan goose (domestic) and the brown / grey one is a greylag / swan goose (domestic). This would be certainly quite rare for this area.

Can anyone help confirm my observations? Also, I'm very intrigued as to where these would have come from? Is it likely they were from the US or given the interesting things that are happening in migration would it be more likely that they have come from Europe?

thanks,

Carl

Attachments

• IMG_8435.jpeg
    IMG_8435.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
These are domestic birds. They won't have come from any great distance at all, and their presence doesn't really signify anything much. Sorry!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back