• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID please? (Cambs. UK) (1 Viewer)

DoghouseRiley

Hi All

Very small, beautiful wasp on some laurel.

I have lloked it up and the only one I can find like it is Chalcid wasp (Ormyrus nitidulus). Just conmcerned that being a wasp there might be abother 20 similar ones?

Thanks, Gareth

Attachments

• image239.jpg
    image239.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 16
Hi All

Very small, beautiful wasp on some laurel.

I have lloked it up and the only one I can find like it is Chalcid wasp (Ormyrus nitidulus). Just conmcerned that being a wasp there might be abother 20 similar ones?

Thanks, Gareth

I agree, of the 4 GB Ormyrus this is the only one I have seen and it is very common. The other three species do not have such elongated abdomen tip.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back