• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID please - Sanliurfa Turkey (1 Viewer)

Snylm

Turkey
It was observed in the same bush, but I don't remember if it was the same individual. Thanks for help.

14/May/2021

Attachments

• DSC_5357.jpg
    DSC_5357.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_5368.jpg
    DSC_5368.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 43
Looks like another Eastern Olivaceous to my eye, excellent shots by the way.👍

Cheers
Thank you for your valuable comment. But the primers just don't seem to fit. Could it be another species? I also welcome you to my instagram page where I share my photos.

snylm88

Thank you for your valuable comment. But the primers just don't seem to fit. Could it be another species? I also welcome you to my instagram page where I share my photos.

snylm88
The primary to tertial ratio is correct for Eastern Olivaceous, half the length of the overhanging tertials.
I assume you are referring to the pale edging on the secondaries of the starboard wing on image 1. Individuals can often show this feature being light and angle dependant, you’ll note that it doesn’t show on the 2nd image.

Cheers

The primary to tertial ratio is correct for Eastern Olivaceous, half the length of the overhanging tertials.
I assume you are referring to the pale edging on the secondaries of the starboard wing on image 1. Individuals can often show this feature being light and angle dependant, you’ll note that it doesn’t show on the 2nd image.

Cheers
Thank you very much for the detailed information.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back