• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID please - Sanliurfa Turkey (1 Viewer)

Hello, with long, broad based (round base to feathering) bill, extremly short undertail-covert, a full, but squar-cut tail with a notch, and whitish-silvery panel to secondaries, together with lack of any green/ilove and yellow tones/hues this is either one of those grey/brown and white Iduna warblers (and no Icterine): Olive-Tree, Upchers or an EOW.
Surely, others jump in and help us

Than thank you Richard,
this bird doesnt strike me of a RBR to me, but I am not massivly experienced with this and havent seen the mentioned Iduna warblers.

Face pattern in the first photo is spot on for RBR, in the second image one can see that there is a nice orangey colour lurking in that closed tail!

Face pattern in the first photo is spot on for RBR, in the second image one can see that there is a nice orangey colour lurking in that closed tail!
Than thank you Richard,
this bird doesnt strike me of a RBR to me, but I am not massivly experienced with this and havent seen the mentioned Iduna warblers.
I don't think it's RBR. I think it's Iduna too, but which one?

Hello, with long, broad based (round base to feathering) bill, extremly short undertail-covert, a full, but squar-cut tail with a notch, and whitish-silvery panel to secondaries, together with lack of any green/ilove and yellow tones/hues this is either one of those grey/brown and white Iduna warblers (and no Icterine): Olive-Tree, Upchers or an EOW.
Surely, others jump in and help us
Olive-tree and Upcher's are both Hippolais.

Thanks to Grahame, Andy and all. I just realized that I made a mistake again: commenting on a bird, where I dont have personal experience, it just looked like an Iduna/Hippolais warbler to me. And I have very little knowledge of those taxonomic issues, although I should!

Thanks to Grahame, Andy and all. I just realized that I made a mistake again: commenting on a bird, where I dont have personal experience, it just looked like an Iduna/Hippolais warbler to me. And I have very little knowledge of those taxonomic issues, although I should!

I don’t believe you were mistaken Alex you were in the right ballpark.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back