• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

id request for Wading bird (1 Viewer)

Jh4n11

Hello guys Please help me to identify this bird some people identified it is Red-Necked Stint but it is likely to be rare sighting in Pakistan and never been recorded before according to my facts and knowledge. Sadly i have a only shot if it could help you.
Thanks
Shot taken at Haleji Wildlife Sanctuary,Sindh Pakistan
Date: 23rd September 2018
Note: bird was encountered in fresh water and close to cultivation area.

Attachments

• IMG_4180(4).jpg
    IMG_4180(4).jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4180(2).jpg
    IMG_4180(2).jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 119
It's difficult from this angle, but I would say that the legs look a bit too long for Red-necked, and the bill seems fairly fine-tipped. It is more likely to be a Little Stint, which is commoner species in Pakistan I think.

Thank you guys 😊 i'm leaning towards little stint because of common winter visiter in country due to lack of more angle it is complicated to identify this individual.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back