• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Im missing in camera editing on 500D (1 Viewer)

theconstantwalker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_constant_walker/?
Ive just upgraded my Nikon D60 for the Canon 500D but have only just realised i can't zoom and trim (crop) photo's on the Canon (or am i missing something) out in the field like i could on the Nikon. I used to use this option a lot to view and edit while out and about. My question is what do you do?

I have a 500D and to be honest I have no idea if you can edit it the field but cannot understand why you would want to. Surely you'll get better results giving it some time and thought when looking at the picture on a computer?

No Canon DSLR has such a feature, as far as I know, and I have six of them. I agree with Steve - why would you want to fiddle around in the field?

Last edited:
You can zoom in on the image of course, which at least gives you a better indication of the quality of the pic, and could be useful in aiding identification in some cases.

Thanks for the replies. I suppose i was just comparing it to what i could do with my old Nikon. I used to zoom in and could then just save an extra image without losing the original. I am still getting to know the 500D but the more i use it the more i am enjoying it.... No regrets

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back