• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I'm Still Learning So Please Be Kind! (1 Viewer)

Tammie

I know this isn't a bird but I still thought I could use some advice on it.
I used a Fuji FinePix 6800Z set on macro with no flash.

Attachments

• spring shoots4.jpg
    spring shoots4.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 264
Okay, I'll be kind Tammie :)

The foreground is nice and clear and the background pleasantly muted. I would have liked to have seen more of the muted background in this shot. It just seems as if the foreground is taking up too much of the shot. Perhaps a larger cropping next time.

Hi Tammie,
Good artistic effort but imo too much in your face. Also with shots like that it is important too get a clean oof background by I presume a wide-open lens. It is then also important to get the focus right. What does not look nice is that the nearest point of the catkin is oof (out of focus!).
Keep practising as the artistic eye needs to be develloped. You can do it.
Star: 1

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back