• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

IN: a birding black hole? (1 Viewer)

jremmons

Wildlife Biologist
So are there no others from the Hoosier state out there actively posting to BF?
I'm currently down at Big Oaks NWR doing an internship where we work partially with birds (Henslow's Sparrow, Wood Thrush, and general BBS stuff) and was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this wonderful place or knew of any good fall migration spots in SE/SC Indiana.

Thanks!

Justin

Last edited:
Hi Justin,

These state "patches" don't get much use unless someone has an individual "patch" which they contribute to.

Just a suggestion, but if you started one to cover the Wildlife refuge you work in you might be surprised by the responses you get. It doesn't seem to take much time. Check our Arthur Pinewood's patch in Manhattan, in NYC which he has named; "From My Manhattan Window."

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=199223&page=6

Just an observation or so on a regular basis will do it, it seems.

Bob

Last edited:
I have relatives near Versailles, IN and have birded Big Oaks NWR when we visit back there. I have also birded Muscatatuck NWR (near Seymour, IN). You might try that area sometime.

Bob,
Thanks for giving me the scoop on these types of threads; I'd like to contribute more but I may be moving within a month to start work at another Refuge in another state so we shall see what happens! Too bad I learned about this site near the likely end of my tenure here.

Larry,
Big Oaks NWR is a fine place to bird, you can occasionally pick up some neat, otherwise difficult species such as CERW and HESP. I'd like to try out Musckatatuck sometime soon if I get a chance - it is much more friendly to the public than BONWR.

Justin

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back