• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

In the know (1 Viewer)

Finsandfeathers

United States
Hello.
Im looking for direction on several issues.

Suggestions on feeders/food for the species's located near Greers Ferry, Arkansas? Large pole feeders in particular.

Interested in Owl Boxes. How many can I put on 2.5 acres of land w large old growth trees around the perimeter and open field in the middle?

Also looking for suggestions on game trail cameras that take decent pics of my feeders.

Thanks.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

The only one I can help you with would be the seed and feeder.
1st off would be to try and get a squirrel proof feeder. I have several of them that once the weight of the squirrel lands on them the weight shuts the feeding ports down. I got mine in Lowes Hardware shop or you can google them and order on line.
Now as to seed, you can't go wrong with sunflower hearts, along with sunflower seeds. safflower seed and probably many more. That's another thing you can google as to any particular birds you want to draw into your yard.
Good luck and have fun watching the bird.

Hi Finsandfeathers and a warm welcome from me too.

We have a subforum here where you can discuss trail cameras.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back