• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Indigo-crowned Quail-Dove (1 Viewer)

Richard Klim

-------------------------
Donegan & Salaman 2012. Vocal differentiation and conservation of Indigo-crowned Quail-Dove Geotrygon purpurata. Conservación Colombiana 17: 15–19. [pdf]

Geotrygon [saphirina] purpurata is recognised as a distinct species by Ridgely & Greenfield 2001 (Birds of Ecuador), Gibbs et al 2001 (Pigeons and Doves) and IOC; but not by AOU, Clements or BirdLife.

AOU-SACC Proposal #105 (Remsen 2004. Recognize Geotrygon purpurata as a separate species from G. saphirina) failed to pass, pending published data.

Baptista et al 1997 (HBW 4).

Last edited:
I'm unable to download the file (reportedly "damaged"). Anyone else having similar problems? Thomas, if you're reading this, perhaps you could e-mail me a copy...?

Yes, you're right, my earlier message was a bad instance of premature posting! The link is working for me too now.

This paper seems to download fine, but every other paper, including the full-issue PDF, gives me a 'damaged' error (as has happened with several previous issues of this journal).

And from reading the comments, a new proposal for common names might be coming soon?

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back