• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Info wanted for the Coromos and Mayotte (1 Viewer)

iain tomlinson

Hello, I am planning a trip to the Coromos and Mayotte to look for the endemic scops owls. I have been able to get good information on the birding sites, but surprisingly little on basic travel information.
If you can recommend a good local travel agent or web sites with basic travel information (especially up to date logistics such as inter island flights, ferries and speedboats) that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Iain

There's a link to a recent trip report on Vac trip reports here, by Ross Gallardy somewhere, which will doubtless cover logistics.

I did the Comoros with Ross. We did it all independently. Short answer is to fly not use the speed boats. You can prebook flights, just the websites don’t work amazingly and getting a payment method to work is a challenge. We had booked a flight o Moheli, speedboated to Anjouan which sucked, then had to get our flight to Mayotte while there. This was hrs donto lack of internet access. The flight to Mayotte is easier to book before hand as it’s an airline that operates in France technically. Feel free to PM me with questions. If you need ground agent assistance I know that one of the tour operators, I think Birding Africa, does trips there, so you could try to get them to help with the logistics part.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back