• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

iOS5 Update on iPhone 4 (1 Viewer)

Lichfield Birder

...should've been here 5 minutes ago, mate....
I have tried to update my iPhone to iOS 5.0.1 from 4.3 but got the error message: An error occurred whilst backing up this iPhone (-5000). Would you like to continue to update this iPhone? Continuing will result in the loss of all contents on this phone.

Please help.

Thanks

Alan

I have tried to update my iPhone to iOS 5.0.1 from 4.3 but got the error message: An error occurred whilst backing up this iPhone (-5000). Would you like to continue to update this iPhone? Continuing will result in the loss of all contents on this phone.

Please help.

Thanks

Alan

Make sure you have everything backed up prior to updating incase something goes wrong and then update.

Make sure you have everything backed up prior to updating incase something goes wrong and then update.

Hi thanks, yes I'm all backed up and ready with fingers crossed but I am getting that error message when trying to update to ios5

Do you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed? Putting in your error message to google brought up this on the apple support forums:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3412209?start=0&tstart=0

Correct AnswerRe: iOS5 update: Error occurred while backing up -5000
Oct 19, 2011 10:35 AM (in response to softheads)

Fixed.

Microsoft Security Essentials issue.

Open up MSSE

Settings > Real Time Protection

UNCHECK turn on real time protection

save, close

run iOS5 update - all good

go back into MSSE and turn ON real time protection again.

Do you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed? Putting in your error message to google brought up this on the apple support forums:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3412209?start=0&tstart=0

Hi, no I dont use this I have PC Tools Spyware Doctor. I have just reinstalled iTunes and re-backing up my iPhone before I try again to update to ios5. If that does not work I will try switching off my virus protection when doing the update to see if that helps, though not entirely comfortable with that.

When I do the manual back up there are no error messages, it is just when I was trying to update to ios5 I had the message

Attachments

• Doc4.docx
    239.7 KB · Views: 60
Oh, that was my main reason for giving it a go. Anything significant with ios5 then?

Here's something new, or at least I think it's new since I didn't notice it before upgrading to ios5 on my iphone4. Ios5 keeps track of apps in 2 lists: "all" (everything purchased whether installed or not) & "not on this iphone" (just the uninstalled apps from the "all" list). I have lots of apps & find this very useful. To access the lists click the App Store icon, then "updates", then "purchased", then "all" or "not on this iphone" as desired.

Siri is part of ios5 but is only compatable with the iPhone 4s, therefore it will not install on iPhone 3Gs or 4 when updated to ios5.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back