• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

IPAQ pocket PC help required (1 Viewer)

POP

Can anyone tell me if I need a special memory card to store for example a word document and how do i get the Pocket PC to read the card? I have put onto a compactflash sandisk card an article on bins,but there appears no way the pocket PC will read it,should I be using a special card.
Any help would be most appreciated.
POP

Last edited:
POP said:
Can anyone tell me if I need a special memory card to store for example a word document and how do i get the Pocket PC to read the card? I have put onto a compactflash sandisk card an article on bins,but there appears no way the pocket PC will read it,should I be using a special card.
Any help would be most appreciated.
POP

POP
How do you know that it won't read it? You will have to navigate to the card to see the contents of it. Unfortunately my machine died last week and I'm waiting a replacement, so I can't talk you through, but doubtless others can/will, but in principle there shouldn't be a problems with Windows Pocket PC reading any proprietry CF card. Have you checked on your desktop PC that the file has been correctly written to the card - i.e can your desktop machine see it as a Word doc and open it? If it can then so should your iPaq...

John

Hi POP,

Does the IPAQ recognise the card? If you check the specifications for it, you may find there are limits for the size of CF card you can use.

You may need to convert the document type to something that is compatible with the software on the IPAQ.

Andy.

If it is a word document then you will need to convert it. When a document is transferred using activsync it is converted automatically to a recognisable format.

Thank you all for your comments and help.John the card which i put into Fdrive off of the card reader opens the document and reads it ok.But when I put the card in the Ipaq nothing.

POP

Have found out how to read card.My thanks to Jaeger who pointed me in the direction of the Ipaq site.The sequence in case anyone is interested is as follows.
1.insert card.
2.Open Ipaq file explorer.
3.My device.
4. Storage card. and then read files etc.
Again many thanks everyone for your helpful comments.Next step how to get it onto the net and read the bird guide news out in the field.

POP

THANK YOU!
thank you so much this solved my problem,
Im so glad forums are around.
it was a realy anoying problem :)

FrAnKeH

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back