• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

iPhone 7 case (2 Viewers)

jkingrph

Can anyone suggest a protective case for the iPhone 7, that could be easily removed so the phone can be used in a digiscoping adapter. I currently have an Otterbox defender which gives great protection, but would be very difficult and inconvenient to remove and replace

PhoneSkope has a case that will fit your phone while in the Defender case. I have one for my XR and its great. Just slip in the phone in the PhoneSkope. No need to take out of the Otterbox. Go to PhoneSkope.com and check it out.

PhoneSkope has a case that will fit your phone while in the Defender case. I have one for my XR and its great. Just slip in the phone in the PhoneSkope. No need to take out of the Otterbox. Go to PhoneSkope.com and check it out.

Thank you so very much. Just what i wanted. I got the Kowa adapter but that would be a total hassle, taking the phone in and out of the case, plus being very slow. I carry my phone in a leather belt holster so need a protective case all the time. I have one of the PhoneScope adapters on orders as I type this.

I received the Novagrade and that thing is built like a tank, fairly heavy but holds my iPhone 7 in and Otterbox Defender well. It has adjustments to center camera over the eyepiece and to level the phone in the adapter. It came with six collet rings for different size eyepieces. It's too darn hot here 99F to get outside and try it, so i just attached it and held the scope on my lap looking outside through the window, a storm window and a screen. I have a screw on eyepiece lens protector on my Kowa TSN 664 am getting some vignetting so may have to use it without the eyeprotector to try and eliminate this. Just discovered the solution to that, zoom the picture with the camera just a little.

It also has adjustments so you can level the camera to the eyepiece adapter front to back and side to side. I was able to get my phone perfectly flat to the eyepiece adapter so no extraneous light entering the camera.

Last edited:
Hi folks,
Similar question but different kit.
I have iphone 7 with Otterbox and a Swarovski VPA (variable phone adaptor)
Case way too chucky to fit VPA
Anyone have any ideas for slime protective case for iphone 7 that will fit VPA
Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back