• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ireland - Is this a pipit? (1 Viewer)

We have more videos but I have cut this down a lot.
We estimated from all the videos that there were around 30 in total.
I think they first came on 10 August.
I would be very grateful if people could give their opinions on whether these are mistle thrushes or something else.

Not many people can boast a snipe in their garden - love it

Edit: I was referring to an earlier post :)

More like Linnets.
MJB
Things have got a bit confused... The most-recent video birds are indeed linnets. Love the eye-level wide-angle shot - go work for the BBC! (y)

(When you want help with a new ID, it's much better to start a fresh discussion than to tack it onto the end of an old one.)

Things have got a bit confused... The most-recent video birds are indeed linnets. Love the eye-level wide-angle shot - go work for the BBC! (y)

(When you want help with a new ID, it's much better to start a fresh discussion than to tack it onto the end of an old one.)
Ok Butty, will do. The linnets have been around for a couple of days now and the one bird definitely feeds the other at one point.

I can't claim any expertise with the filming.
The camera is an Apeman H68 Trail Camera which is attached to a weight at the side of the pond (so it doesn't fall in).
The birds don't seem to mind it at all and often land on it. Thrushes particularly come right up and stare it in the eye.

I'm very late to this thread, but would just like to say that seeing the excellent video of the Snipe in particular was absolutely jaw-dropping. Congratulations on having created a wonderful little bit of prime habitat, and thank you for sharing!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back