• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is a Golden Oriole possible in Dorset? (1 Viewer)

Actually there are a lot of people on fora named after you - dicks!

I went to my first (and probably only) opera this year, the WNO's version of Madame Butterfly with Cheryl Barker (not Cheryl Baker as my wife thought!) as Butterfly - it was fantastic. I might risk Carmen but that is the limit for me, give me Rach's 2nd piano concerto any time!

Ah, yes, I've met Cheryl Barker - nice lady, and a wonderful singer.

Well I have to try to drum up sales somehow, it's not as if I am some big corporation and nobody else has complained.

But if it makes you feel better then (assuming you are not a mod, apologies if you are) contact one of the mods so they can ban me.

Well since you mentioned it, I find your self promotion rather laborious. Most posts I read by you end up referring to your 'book' or the GGS 'incident'.

I can only apologise - perhaps if you wrote a book, which has a very narrow audience, you would understand that you try to take what opportunities you can and whilst it might be a fine line you hope that people are generous to the 'underdog' which I think in the case of BF's moderators they have been and I appreciate them for that.

By the way if you think that I do this because I might hugely gain financially then let me tell you that I get about 75p per book.

I think this is my 195th post so I very much doubt that 98 of them have mentioned my book and / or the GGS incident, perhaps you are a bit selective in the posts of mine that you read. If you are so concerned then I believe you can block my posts.

It is a great shame that BF has so much interesting resource but fundamentally is quite a nasty place - although ironic that someone just PMd me to say how much they enjoyed reading something recently.

Like I said if you have a real issue then contact the Mods.

It is a great shame that BF has so much interesting resource but fundamentally is quite a nasty place.

It is fundamentally quite a nice place really.

I have no problem with you plugging your book, but I have no problem with someone telling you they do. It's a forum, they shouldn't have to go to the Mods if they are happy to tell you to your face.

Stephen

It is fundamentally quite a nice place really.

I have no problem with you plugging your book, but I have no problem with someone telling you they do. It's a forum, they shouldn't have to go to the Mods if they are happy to tell you to your face.

Stephen

:t:

neither meant to be 'nasty' or 'vituperative' (I had to look that one up and was surprised at its usage here), just expressing my opinion as 'you' had mentioned that no-one else had complained.

PS Glad the Id was sorted, personally I love green woodpeckers!

I can only apologise - perhaps if you wrote a book, which has a very narrow audience, you would understand that you try to take what opportunities you can and whilst it might be a fine line you hope that people are generous to the 'underdog' which I think in the case of BF's moderators they have been and I appreciate them for that.

By the way if you think that I do this because I might hugely gain financially then let me tell you that I get about 75p per book.

I think this is my 195th post so I very much doubt that 98 of them have mentioned my book and / or the GGS incident, perhaps you are a bit selective in the posts of mine that you read. If you are so concerned then I believe you can block my posts.

It is a great shame that BF has so much interesting resource but fundamentally is quite a nasty place - although ironic that someone just PMd me to say how much they enjoyed reading something recently.

Have you written a book? You should have said. I read a book once. ;)

I was gonna say - this is about the most benign forum out there - if you take out one or two issues which crop up on a regular basis and allow for the odd misunderstanding and hot weather. Knitting forums are far worse.

Fair points - will try to tone down the 'advertising' and again apologies, and the comments are fair, and not nasty (in this case).

Just caught a Buff Ermine, nice moth.

Rob

If this is true, could anyone point me in the direction of how it can be done

Thanks
Andy.

left click on the name, select view public profile from the drop down list, then in the middle gold band across the screen, you'll find a link to ignore posts

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back