• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Is this a buff-spotted flufftail? (Kruger National Park, South Africa) (1 Viewer)

adamt123

Hi everyone,

From Lower Sabie (Kruger NP, South Africa), 26th and 27th January 2022.

Calling started after a heavy sunset shower and continued well into the night. When I went out to investigate the bird seemed to be within some dense thickets behind our tent. Despite a thorough investigation of the area I could not get any visuals. We heard the call coming from the same place on the second night and more faintly the following morning, again after rain.

I'm not a bird expert but I cannot think of what it could be other than the elusive buff-spotted flufftail, but happy to be corrected of course.

thanks!

View attachment Lower Sabie1.mp3

View attachment Lower Sabie 2.mp3

Users who are viewing this thread