• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this a short toed eagle or NOT? ) (1 Viewer)

So... how do I distinguish between the two, for later reference?
STE usually has no strong contrast on the underside, other than a darker head and/or bib occasionally. It also has a relatively short tail and broad wings. Booted Eagle has intermediate proportions, compared to other eagles.

Alternatively, posting more than one pic of a bird would greatly increase your chance to get a solid ID.

Oh, and does anybody know how to change or delete an image I posted on our gallery? I would like to change it to read booted eagle instead of STE...

when you click the image to view it large size, scroll down and you should see an option called edit. There you can do both.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back