• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Issue with SLC 15x56 HD lenses/coatings (1 Viewer)

Jayman
In my many years of experience, you take the cake with your level of bitching. I am thinking they have had enough
with types like you. :poop:
I suppose you could take this up to a higher level........:unsure:

Jerry
Not sure how old you are but your upbringing is showing the more you open your mouth, just stay away from this thread if you have nothing to contribute.

Today I spoke to Del and after 25 mins of argument, he agreed to look at the binoculars again. But his attitude was not acceptable. He said dust is normal inside the lens and we all know its BS and just excuse for not accepting quality control issues at SONA. But if this issue is not resolved then I will reach out to his senior.

The OP is so convinced that everyone wants to hear about his problems that he has posted his “nightmare” on at least one hunting forum. The results there are similar, some sympathy, some criticism, then he insults those who don’t agree with him. Many there agreed that they would not want him as a customer.

The OP is so convinced that everyone wants to hear about his problems that he has posted his “nightmare” on at least one hunting forum. The results there are similar, some sympathy, some criticism, then he insults those who don’t agree with him. Many there agreed that they would not want him as a customer.
Sir you are wrong. Just like here some trolls attacked me and I replied. Not looking for anything but other people's experience and share mine. With time more people who had issues will come forward like another thread started one day after mine.

We hear quite a lot about "buyer's regret".

Surely there must be such a thing as "seller's regret".
I saw your useless comments on other posts too. Please contribute about how was your experience with service otherwise you don't need to say anything.

Sir you are wrong. Just like here some trolls attacked me and I replied. Not looking for anything but other people's experience and share mine. With time more people who had issues will come forward like another thread started one day after mine.
Kinda seems like you're trolling. Here are your responses to those on another forum who were critical;

thanks for your lame contribution

thanks for your valuable comment

you have earned the most stupid comment award. Do you want chocolate? Do you have anything intelligent to add or you just just waste people’s time?

i am just a busy person with a lot of hobbies. I did not get time to use a lot of optics i had that why i have sold around $6k of optics in last two months.

Do you even have a passport? Another dimwit troll.

I am Aerospace Engineer (Masters), with mechanical and materials major, I know a thing a two about how costs are calculated. Roughly, 2/3 of the product price is charged for advertisement and future warranty repairs and profit.
So if swarovski charges $1300ish in case of SLC 15x56 upfront for above reasons then they better provide required repairs.

Kinda seems like you're trolling. Here are your responses to those on another forum who were critical;

thanks for your lame contribution

thanks for your valuable comment

you have earned the most stupid comment award. Do you want chocolate? Do you have anything intelligent to add or you just just waste people’s time?

i am just a busy person with a lot of hobbies. I did not get time to use a lot of optics i had that why i have sold around $6k of optics in last two months.

Do you even have a passport? Another dimwit troll.

I am Aerospace Engineer (Masters), with mechanical and materials major, I know a thing a two about how costs are calculated. Roughly, 2/3 of the product price is charged for advertisement and future warranty repairs and profit.
So if swarovski charges $1300ish in case of SLC 15x56 upfront for above reasons then they better provide required repairs.
Can you post other people's comment too? to whom I replied. What your doing here is again showing only my comments, making me look bad and attacking me! If you have nothing to contribute to the topic then you don't need to participate!

Found picture of the thread which was sticking inside of the lens on EL 8.5x42 when it came back after cleaning last year.

Attachments

• 2233.jpg
    2233.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 48
More people reported issues with brand new binocular. Scratches on the inside of lenses and rubber armor issues.

Attachments

• D5F48081-1584-42EA-89D2-8F4F0BAA951F.jpeg
    D5F48081-1584-42EA-89D2-8F4F0BAA951F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
To whom it may concern: impolite and insulting language is not acceptable on Birdforum. Lets keep our conversations civil and friendly.

Lee

Swarovski performed flawless service on our 8.5X42 SV and 8X32 SV. Each was returned in mint condition. One of my favorites is a used 7X42 SLC (pre-neu) that Swarovski refurbished and upgraded before I purchased it. They get my vote for top-notch service.

New lens installed on my SLCs looks like this when it fogs up!

Attachments

• 0799539D-3150-470E-A774-C44128869078.jpeg
    0799539D-3150-470E-A774-C44128869078.jpeg
    592.7 KB · Views: 44
Update 6/9/2021:
I received my binoculars back the 2nd time. This time I was dealing with Ellen who communicated via emails. on close inspection the binoculars look way better than last time BUT there is still dust in the lenses along the edges and now the finish wore off the back metal rings in the front which occasionally causes reflections when looked directly at them. I am not sure if those reflections will cause any issue in the view. Can anyone chime in? I am not sending them back as i don't think the repair team can do any better.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 21
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back