• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Jack snipe (1 Viewer)

Hi not been on birdforum for ages but am on again now. I know we can't go far birding but at rspb Sandwell Valley near Birmingham we have had a great white egret which was a first for me. There's usually some little egrets around and a few jack snipe. Saw one last week.
Finding things very hard due to covid and really fed up and stressed.really missed the bird fair this year.

Richard Prior

Halfway up an Alp
Europe
Welcome back Susan! A site like Birdforum is a great way to take you out of the Covid stress, there's so much to learn and often some silly stuff which will hopefully take your mind off it. Being well inland here I marvel/envy at some of the great species you folk in the Midlands get.
Stay safe(y)

dantheman

Bah humbug
Do some garden birding (couple threads on here). Apparently there's a garden bird race on tomorrow via twitter.

All a bit weather dependent at the moment though and not enough daylight ...

Julie50

Mostly in the Midlands :)
Supporter
United Kingdom
My sympathies - just coming to the end of my second round of isolation in a one bed flat, due to work, not had any symptoms!
All of my Midlands haunts are now locked down again and we cannot go out of area! I did some great interim briding at RSPB Middleton Lakes, it opened first last time!

I agree with Dantheman I am lucky to have the River Cole and Trittiford Mill within walking distance, which has surprisingly good birding, but I still miss the reserves.

Users who are viewing this thread